Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- The Search Engine Land App Now Live For iOS & Android
Download the new Search Engine Land app, plus the Marketing Land sister app for iOS and Android devices now.
- Google To Double The Number Of Health Conditions In Search Results
Google expands their medical conditions database and enables you to print out these conditions to give to your doctor.
- The 8 Most Common But Simple Missed Opportunities In Optimizing Content
These SEO errors can be easily fixed, but not if you’re unaware of their existence. Contributor Janet Driscoll Miller shares the most common simple problems she’s come across in her 10 years in the business.
- Competitive Link Building Analysis For Your Industry
Contributor Patrick Stox argues that the death of link building has been greatly exaggerated and shares a process to analyze a given industry’s links in advance of performing outreach.
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Query-Level Bidding In Google Shopping
Columnist Kirk Williams walks you through how to adopt an increasingly-popular — though somewhat complicated — bidding strategy.
- Cookie ‘Black Friday’ Instagram Users With Facebook Custom Audiences
In this week’s edition of aimClear’s Psychographic Targeting Hot House, Rachel Malone-Olson, Social Account Manager, delivers Black Friday cookie pools wrapped and ready for promotion. Facebook delivered mid-August with Website Clicks and Mobile App Install campaigns that are able to display ads in Instagram with Facebook targeting. Facebook’s targeting capabilities + Instagram’s visual prowess = […]
- New Interactions Reporting In AdWords Follow On Video Campaigns Integration
Columns show ad engagements that reflect performance by ad format type in each campaign.
- Google Maps “Explore” Adds Curated Recommendations, New Features
Google is adding more content, filters and personalization to the “Explore” feature in Google Maps for Android in the US and UK. In several markets to start (SF, NYC and London), Google says you’ll get new “curated recommendations” about nearby dining options: Once you pick the category that suits your craving, you can see in-depth […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The Marketing Land App Now Live For iOS & Android
- First Look: Facebook Starts Testing Immersive Mobile Ads
- Data-Driven ROI & Avoiding the Creep Factor – September 10 Webcast
- Google Launches Stand-Alone Street View App For iOS And Android
- October’s The New December For Mobile Marketers
- AOL Buys Mobile Marketer Millennial Media For Roughly $240 Million
- Consumer First: What It Means And Why It Matters
- 6 Conversion Principles You Can Learn From The Mere-Exposure Effect
- FTC Settles With Gaming Network Accused Of Failing To Disclose Paid Endorsements
- Expandable Native Gmail Ads Now Available To All In AdWords
Search News From Around The Web:
- NYC Google AdWords Advertisers Can Meet AdWords Reporting & Analytics Product Managers September 17th, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- 8 SEO Tools That Track Local Google Rankings, smallbiztrends.com
- Going local: How local search information is crucial to retailers’ success, Retail Dive
- Bing’s predictions helps NASCAR fans in the Chase Grid Battle, Bing Search Blog
- Baidu 101: An Overview of Baidu Webmaster Tools, semrush.com
- Does That Affordable SEO Package Make Sense For Your Business?, KoMarketing Associates
- Online Reputation Management SEO Spikes After Ashley Madison Hack, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- 12 Ways Google AdWords Drives PPC Managers Crazy, PPC Hero
- 5 Steps for Optimizing Paid Search ROI with Calls, Search Engine Journal
- Focus On Where Users Are Going, PPC Hero
- Updated AdWords API remarketing guides, Google Ads Developer Blog
- When Are Flexible Bidding Strategies Right For You?, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Google Health, Google Maps Explore & Our App appeared first on Search Engine Land.