Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing News Adds “Smart Labels” For Mobile, Making It Easier To Find Related Headlines
Located at the bottom right corner of a news story, the new “Smart Labels” help users explore connected articles.
- UPDATED: Ripoff Report De-Indexed Briefly, Now Showing Again In Google Search Results
Google seems to have temporarily removed all of the Web pages from the popular and controversial Ripoff Report website. Within 30 minutes, the site was back in Google.
- Book An Appointment Right From The Search Results With Google’s Latest Test
“Book an appointment” feature is now appearing in some knowledge panel results.
- How Page Views, Time On Site & Bounce Rate Predict For Changes In Quality Score And Revenue
Columnist Benjamin Vigneron explains how you can use website analytics data to derive insights that you can apply to your paid search efforts.
- 9 Facts To Improve Your Mobile Search Performance
Columnist John Cosley of Bing shares insights gathered from internal Microsoft data and other research studies to improve your mobile search ads.
- Free Shipping & Price Drop Alerts In Google Shopping Ads Get Automated
Automated extensions in product listing ads are taking over from the less visible promotional text.
- The Key To Optimizing Non-Branded Paid Search Campaigns
Looking to increase your ROI from non-branded search campaigns? Columnist Thomas Stern shares tips on how to lower CPC and increase engagement.
- Google To Discontinue CSV Download Scripts Support In Google Search Console
The last day to use the legacy Python script to download search query data from Google Search Console is October 20, 2015. You can upgrade to the new API.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Marin Software & SocialPro Launch 2nd Annual Biggest Social Geek Contest
- Axe Continues Shift From Sex-Sells Advertising With #Selfmaker Career-Focused Video Campaign
- Global Guide: Facebook Advertising In Europe And The Americas
- Social Marketing Platform Spredfast Acquires Shoutlet
- How Email Marketers Can Make The Most Of Gmail Postmaster Tools
- 7 Things I Wish Instagram Would Fix, From Regramming To Allowing Links
Search News From Around The Web:
- Chinese equities open lower in the US, while Baidu continues to gain, South China Morning Post
- Don’t Get Duped by the Wrong SEO Firm, thesempost.com
- Google’s Friday 5pm TGIF Song, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google IPO: Stock Price Up More Than 1,500% Since It Went Public, Fortune
- Need Google Help, Tweet #gHelp To Reach Top Contributors, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- 6 Good Things About Negative Reviews, Official GetFiveStars Blog
- Don’t Like Google’s Snack Pack? Dial Up Your Local SEO, SIM Partners
- Google Adds (Or is Testing) Organic Results in Local Finder Knowledge Panel, Mike Blumenthal
- How Many Stars Would You Give the TSA? Review Federal Agencies on Yelp…and Maybe Get a Response, Yelp Official Blog
- Ranked #1 for SEO, How Many Links Does it Take?, ignitevisibility.com
- A Step by Step Guide to Modern Broken Link Building, quicksprout.com
- How To Analyze Your Audience & Plan A Backlink Campaign In Under 30 Minutes, Majestic Blog
- Answer: Finding things from other cultures, SearchReSearch
- Google Adds Phone Numbers to AutoSuggest, thesempost.com
- New Google Mobile Interface Hides Organic Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- Parallels 11 brings Microsoft’s Cortana to Macs before Siri, engadget.com
- Search Challenge (8/19/15): Why all the crazy capital letters?, SearchReSearch
- A Mobile SEO Case Study: Next, koozai.com
- Free SEO Tool Alert: How Strong is Your Competition?, BruceClay.com
- Google Says SEOs Telling Clients Not To Go HTTPS Are Wrong & Bad, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: HTTPS Migration Should Take Less Than A Couple Weeks, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Changing Your Company Name Impacts SEO, Renegade Search
- Review of SEO Monitor Tool, State of Digital
- SEO: either a genius or a dietitian, Pedro Dias
- Google Clarifies: Just Because You Can Go Mobile Only, Doesn’t Mean You should, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Important is Local SEO to Your Business?, Small Business Trends
- Understanding Google Content Penalties, koozai.com
- Why Don’t I Rank For This Keyword?, Renegade Search
The post SearchCap: Bing News Labels, Appointments In Google Local & Python Script Discontinued appeared first on Search Engine Land.