Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google+ Brand Posts Have Been Stripped From Knowledge Graph Cards
Brand posts on Google+ will no longer be displayed in the Knowledge Graph cards, instead they’ll be treated like all other social updates in the traditional search results.
- SEO Can’t Always Get What It Wants — Or Can It?
SEO doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Contributor Erin Everhart shares tips for getting other company stakeholders on board to achieve SEO success.
- Is Local Directory Traffic On The Rise Again?
Is it time to give local directories a higher priority as you plan your search marketing strategy? Contributor Myles Anderson shares results of his recent traffic data analysis.
- Virtually No Change In US Desktop Search Market Share According To ComScore’s May 2015 Report
Google still at 64%, while Bing holds on to the 20% share it reached in March.
- Bing Pares Its Mapping Image Operations, Sells Some Assets To Uber
To focus on “core business strategy,” Bing will stop gathering its own mapping imagery and instead license data from third parties.
- Microsoft Signs 10-Year Deal For AOL To Use Bing’s Ads & Listings
Google loses deal it held since 2002, but AOL matters far less than it once did.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Pinterest Takes E-Commerce To Next Level With Launch Of Buyable Pins On iPads & iPhones
- YouTube Creators Get Preview Of New Features, Including 3D Videos & Studio App Updates
- Visual Content Marketing: Building Digital Stories That Really Connect
- Companies Are Telling The Wrong Story: We Forgot The Hero And It’s Killing Corporate Creativity
- Why And How Publishers Will Force Advertisers To Engage Consumers
- EU Gives Google More Time To Respond To Antitrust Charges – Pushes Deadline To August 17
- Search Beats Display: Microsoft Says Bing Is Sustainable & Standalone Multibillion Dollar Business
Search News From Around The Web:
- Help Us Improve the Moz Blog: 2015 Reader Survey, Moz
- This heat map shows a fundamental problem of working at Google, Business Insider
Local & Maps
- California dreamin’ with Street View, Google LatLong
- 4 Steps For Improving Your Success Rate Asking for Links, KoMarketing Associates
- Preparation: How To Launch Your First Link Building Campaign, SEMrush Blog
- Google Translate keeps getting better with your help, Google Translate Blog
- Always click the first Google result? You might want to stop doing that., Washington Post
- Answer: A couple of fishy questions…, SearchReSearch
- Bug: Google Displaying Vertical Lines Across Search Results?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Image Search Issue With Blackberry OS 10, Search Engine Roundtable
- Study: 1st position in Yandex receives 18.5% of clicks, russiansearchtips.com
- Defining The Causes of Content Penalties In Search, koozai.com
- Did the mobile friendly update make the web a better place?, Branded3
- Hreflang Tag Top 10 Reasons to LOVE it, Vertical Measures
- PubSubHubbub Still Works For Expedited Content Indexing With Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Site-Wide Title Width Calculator For SEO (Google Pixel SERPs), Search Engine People
- Your Mobile App Questions Answered With Google’s Mariya Moeva, Stone Temple
SEM / Paid Search
- How to Avoid Common PPC Fails & Disasters, metrictheory.com
- 7 Reasons Your Ads Aren’t Working, PPC Hero
- The Priciest Keywords in Adwords, marketersbraintrust.com
The post SearchCap: Bing Powers AOL, Uber To Bing Maps & Google+ Gone From Google Search appeared first on Search Engine Land.