Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Reduce Cart Abandonment and Increase Revenue with Customer Reviews — July 29 Webcast
Learn how reviews can help drive SEO traffic and revenue.
- US Desktop Search Rankings Hold Steady; Google Maintains 64% Share
Google and Ask each drop 1/10 of a percentage point in comScore’s monthly rankings of the domestic search market.
- Local Businesses Squeezed Out Of Organic Search By Larger Websites
Columnist Myles Anderson shares the results of a recent BrightLocal study measuring how much page-one real estate the three major search engines are giving to local businesses for various types of search queries.
- Defeating The Dog Days: 5 Tips To Boost SEM Conversion Volume During The Summer Slump
Summer is a slow season in many industries — which makes it the perfect time to review your PPC accounts and conduct some experiments, according to columnist Susan Waldes.
- Google To Shut Down Autocomplete API On August 10
Google says goodbye to the Autocomplete API, which may affect your favorite keyword tool.
- Last Call For Search Marketing Stars: Why You Should Enter The Search Engine Land Awards!
Get your entries in this week for your SEO and SEM efforts. We want to recognize the best in search marketing!
- 12 Biggest Things To Happen In PPC So Far In 2015
New ad formats for mobile users, big tests for PLAs, and a new search deal paves the way to managing three search platforms.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Drops The Google+ Requirement For Products, Starts Today With YouTube
- Navigating The Modern Ad Serving Stack, Part 4: Open Auction (RTB)
- Talenti Creates Personalized Gelato Flavors Based On Your Social Media Profiles
- 5 Types Of People You Meet In Content Marketing
- The Resurgence Of Outbound Marketing
- Survey: 80 Percent Of Mobile Marketers Using Location, Mostly As Audience Proxy
- Twitter Zooms Back Up comScore Rankings, Gains 11 Million Unique Visitors In A Month
Search News From Around The Web:
- #NoHacked: How to avoid being the target of hackers, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Baidu CEO Robin Li on China’s Mobile Commerce, Uber, On-Demand Economy, Re/code
Local & Maps
- Google Alertting Accounts Deleted for TOS Violations, Mike Blumenthal
- Finding ‘easy’ and ‘must have’ links with Clique Hunter (with video), Majestic Blog
- How Great Content Earns Links, Leverable SEO
- Through the Google lens: Search trends July 17-24, Official Google Blog
- Google Image Search Dropping Images From Their Index?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Now Offers Notifications Of Hotel Price Drops, Search Engine Roundtable
- Yahoo Testing Purple Title Links for Ads & Organic Search Results, thesempost.com
- Yahoo tests a new homepage and SERP interface, allgoogletesting.blogspot.com
- 28 Browser Extensions That Make an SEO’s Life Easier, quicksprout.com
- 6 developments that suggest Technical SEO is not Dead, stateofdigital.com
- Ahrefs Content Explorer: Billion Pages Indexed, Fancy Graphs & The "Robin Hood" Technique, Ahrefs Blog
- Do Title Tags Matter for SEO?, digitalthirdcoast.net
- Google Won’t Index Dynamically Generated Content Behind Tabs, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Learn SEO: Choose Your Own Adventure Edition, Moz
- Master SEO and rise up the Google rankings, The Guardian
- What’s The Difference Between PR and SEO?, Renegade Search
SEM / Paid Search
- My Top Questions for Selecting the Best PPC Management Company in a Sea Mediocrity, Ignite Visibility
- Advanced AdWords Tricks Your PPC Company Should Be Using in Your Account, Ignite Visibility
- Analyzing Google Shopping Search Partners Data, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: comScore Data, Google Autocomplete API & PPC 2015 appeared first on Search Engine Land.