Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 10 Top Retargeting Tips For AdWords Users
Are you making the most of your remarketing efforts? Columnist Rebekah Schelfhout has some expert insights you may not have considered!
- How To Learn From Your Competitors Without Copying Them
Link Week Columnist Julie Joyce gives insights into five ways to use competitive analysis to help build out a new link profile — without blindly copying it.
- DuckDuckGo Surpasses 10 Million Daily Queries
DuckDuckGo, the privacy focused search engine, hits a major milestone – reaching 10 million daily queries.
- Google Tests New Mobile Interface, With New Top Design
Google once again is testing a new look for their mobile search results.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Union Metrics Launches Multi-Channel Reporting & Adds Facebook Analytics
- Instagram Offers New Explore Page & Search Options
- Esurance Makes Heartfelt #EqualDreams Argument For Same Sex Marriage In Advance Of Supreme Court Ruling
- Reduce Cart Abandonment and Increase Revenue with Customer Reviews- July 29 Webcast
- Google Display Network Ads Support New Free Music Service
- Getty Images Added As “Interested Third Person” In EU Antitrust Charges Against Google
- Google AdSense Now Reports Invalid Activity Payment Deductions
- The Power Of Martech Unleashed
- Google’s Project Brillo Signals End of Web & Beginning of Apps Everywhere
- Hootsuite Launches Social Suggestion App For iOS & Web
- Facebook Testing Recognition Tools For Identifying ‘Faceless’ People In Photos
- Snapchat CEO Promises Better, Non-“Creepy” Digital Advertising
Search News From Around The Web:
- Envoy raises $15 million, founder Larry Gadea started at Google at age 18, Business Insider
- IDC Report Ranks YP Among Top Five Companies in Mobile Search Revenue, Business Wire
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Google Patent Appeal Over Street View, recode.net
- Free SEO Tool Alert! Lightweight Link Analysis Report, BruceClay.com
- Link scheming vs. link building: how to decide where to get links, blog.seoprofiler.com
- Not OK, Google, FullStack – Ofer Zelig’s Blog
- Google Translate commercial: over 100 billion words translated every day, androidauthority.com
- Microsoft made a better YouTube search engine than Google, The Verge
- Select Emoji Characters Still Displaying On Select Browsers In Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Wikipedia’s move to HTTPS triggers June fluctuations, Rank Ranger
- 17 Tools to help with Technical SEO, State of Digital
- 5 Resume Tips Designed to Help SEOs Land Competitive Jobs, Search Engine Guide
- 6 Ways To Minimise Wasted Crawl Budget, koozai.com
- 7 Common Hreflang Mistakes (and How to Fix Them), SEMrush Blog
- Google Search Console Adds New Help Section, Search Engine Roundtable
- Ranking in Google Since The Advent of The Knowledge Graph, SEO By The Sea
- Why ccTLDs Should Not Be an Automatic Choice for International Websites, Moz
- Why you need to stop building "Quality Content" and start solving problems, Cornwall SEO
SEM / Paid Search
The post SearchCap: Google Mobile Tests, DuckDuckGo Queries & Retargeting AdWords appeared first on Search Engine Land.