Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Is Hiring An SEO Manager To Improve Its Rankings In Google
Hey SEOs! Looking for a new place to work? Google is hiring a SEO to help drive more organic traffic to its web properties.
- Google Announces “Purchases On Google” For Buying Straight From PLAs And Other Mobile Shopping Updates
The new pilot is among many new announcements Google made around mobile shopping ads on Wednesday.
- Google Wants Feedback On Search Console Messages & Notifications
Frustrated with the messaging from Google’s Search Console? Google wants to hear your feedback on how to make it better.
- UK Paper Argues Right To Be Forgotten Being Abused In Some Cases
While the majority of Right to Be Forgotten (RTBF) take-down requests in Europe do not seek to conceal criminal misdeeds, the UK-based Daily Mail argues that in some cases it’s being abused by those trying to suppress criminal records. The publication cites several egregious examples where criminals have had links successfully removed: Examples of links […]
- Advanced Optimization Of Google Shopping Campaigns
Contributor Andreas Reiffen shares the key findings from crealytics’ research and testing on Google Shopping campaigns.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Mid-Day Amazon Prime Day Results: US Same Store Sales Up 80 Percent YoY
- Welcome To Marketing Land’s Holiday Retailer, 2015 Edition!
- The Essential 2015 Holiday Checklist For Online Retailers
- Google Piloting Buy Button In Mobile Search Ads With “Purchases On Google”
- The 5 Pieces Of A Virtuous Segmentation Cycle
- How To Overcome The 3 Biggest Barriers To Mobile Marketing Success
- Email Marketing Platform Mailjet Raises $11 Million Series B Financing
- Updated Twitter Summary Cards Display More Link Content For Mobile Users
- Survey: Facebook, Twitter Gaining As Important News Sources
- Video Ad Tech Company AnyClip Media Lands $21M Funding Round
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Place Pages Showing Up For Closed Businesses, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Ask for a Link to Stay within Google Webmster Guidelines? Jim & Ann Show, internetmarketingninjas.com
- Bing Adds Reading Level & Word Count to Book Knowledge Panels, The SEM Post
- Break Google, Dave Grohl, Branded3
- Google To Show Lottery Numbers For Some Lottos, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why You Can’t See Pornography On Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- FAQs on How to Use Google Search Console, BruceClay.com
- How User Interaction Benefits SEO, koozai.com
- Searchmetrics Massive Research Cloud Enables Game-Changing Ability To Analyze and Optimize Content On Demand, At The Page Level, realwire.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords To Drop Broad Match (Session-Based) Label From Reporting, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Expands AdWords Local Call Forwarding Numbers To The UK, Search Engine Roundtable
- Tough Decisions Vs. Tough Outcomes, PPC Hero
- Understanding AdWords Dimensions Reporting, State of Digital
- Case Study: How I Turned Autocomplete Ideas into Traffic & Ranking Results with Only 5 Hours of Effort, Moz
- Unhappy With Google’s Mobilegeddon, Advertisers Spend More On Facebook, Forbes
The post SearchCap: Google Purchase Now, Google Needs SEO & RTBF UK appeared first on Search Engine Land.