Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- EU Says Process For Reviewing Right To Be Forgotten Appeals Is Working
Of the nearly 2,000 complaints reviewed so far, the EU found the majority of denied RTBF requests were justified.
- Google: Write A Great Reconsideration Request, Get Back In Fast Like Thumbtack
You can go against Google’s guidelines for years, get caught and then have the penalty reversed in less than a week.
- Get Your High-Performing Ad Copy Today! Buy Now!
In this helpful how-to, columnist Mona Elesseily explains her process for writing compelling, effective copy for PPC ads.
- Third Party Data: Its Uses In Search & More
Third-party data is powerful, but also controversial. In the fourth and final installment of his series on the data landscape, columnist Alistair Dent discusses the applications of (and issues surrounding) this data type.
- Under The Hood: How Google AdWords Measures Store Visits
Google introduced in-store conversion metrics late last year. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson dives into the details of this new way of measuring offline behavior.
- Post-Mobilegeddon Update: Is The Impact As Catastrophic As Predicted?
Columnist Jayson DeMers recaps the findings of multiple studies done on the impact of Google’s mobile friendly update.
- Not Panda: Google Confirms Another Core Search Algorithm Update
The Google update from yesterday was a core ranking change, something Google does throughout the year. This was not Panda-, Penguin- or HTTPS-related.
- Russia Poised To Pass Sweeping Right-To-Be-Forgotten Law
If passed, law would place burden on search engines to locate information online that individuals, including public figures, want removed.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter’s Project Lightning Will Put A Curated Spin On Live News Events
- In Search Of The New “Mad Men”: Will They Be At Cannes This Year?
- Facebook Rolling Out Significant Upgrades To Ads Manager & Power Editor
- Report: Conversion & Add-To-Cart Rates Have Been Declining For A Year
- Buyer Behavior Trends Driving The Digital Shift Toward Mobile
- Third-Party Data Is Awesome, But Maybe Too Powerful
- Nexcare Bandages Video Campaign Asks Millennials “What Will Nexcare Nana Do Next?”
Search News From Around The Web:
- Where is Matt Cutts? – SEO Industry Comic Book, ignitevisibility.com
Local & Maps
- Google Earth weather information out of date, Google Earth Blog
- Google Dynamic Search Ad Headlines So Long They Look Like Organic Links, RKG Blog
- How To Get Publishers To Open Your Link Building Requests, komarketingassociates.com
- Links, NoFollow II: The Reckoning | Rated NC: Not for Content, SEMrush Blog
- Awesome Google Video Promo For The Google Search Console (Formerly Webmaster Tools), Search Engine Roundtable
- Essential SEO Considerations For Any Website Migration, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Says Make Sure To Not Have Noindex Directives In Your Body Content As Well, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Guide to Mobile PPC Opportunities, BruceClay.com
- Setting Proper PPC Expectations Begins During The Sales Process, PPC Hero
- Split Test Different Concepts In Your PPC Ads, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Google Quality Update, Fast Reconsideration Requests & Russia Right To Be Forgotten appeared first on Search Engine Land.