Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Showing Reviews Snippets About Products In Knowledge Panels
Quotes pulled from reviews provide feedback on specific product features.
- Top 5 Issues Wrecking Local SEO For Multi-Location Businesses
Columnist Marcus Miller presents his comprehensive guide for ranking well in local search when you are managing multiple business locations.
- Search In Pics: Google Scrabble, Matt Cutts Fireworks & UCLA Stats Club
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- When Reputation Management Issues Hurt Your SEO Program
In addition to negatively impacting potential customers’ impression of your business, a poor online reputation can also make it harder to find link and content partners for your SEO program. Columnist Casie Gillette offers her tips for improving your reputation online.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Committing To Calls: 5 Tips For Integrating Calls With Digital Marketing Optimization Solutions
- Most Users Would Reject Opportunity To Pay To Avoid Mobile Ads
- How To Stay Relevant When Your Email Subscribers Are Always On The Move
- Get Off Your Phone: Why Face To Face Still Matters
- Now You Can Embed Auto-Play Facebook Video On Your Site
Search News From Around The Web:
- An Interview With Beyond The Paid’s Melissa Mackey, PPC Hero
- Interview with a Google SpamFighter, en.onpage.org
Local & Maps
- Better Hotel Search, Direct Bookings, and Crowdsourcing on Google, Koddi Blog
- Google My Business Sending Business Statistics & Analytics Emails, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Links In PDFs Do Pass PageRank, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Assess the Risks of Highly Scalable White Hat Link Building, SEO Theory
- Top Way to Improve Your Flow Metrics, Majestic Blog
- About headlines and taglines, Yoast
- Becoming Better SEO Scientists – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Good to Great and SEO, 90 Digital
- Google Says Panda Still Coming Soon, But Not Today For Technical Reasons, Search Engine Roundtable
- UX, Content Quality, and SEO – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- Improved Upgraded URLs validation in AdWords API, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Video: Google Panda Stalled, Asking For Links, SEO Magic & More, Search Engine Roundtable
The post SearchCap: Google Review Snippets, Local SEO & Reputation Management appeared first on Search Engine Land.