Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Study: Non-Mobile-Friendly Sites Disappearing From Top Google Results
Remarkably there are many brands and companies that still don’t have mobile-friendly sites. According to a new study from Moovweb there are clear visibility and ranking consequences, in addition to usability consequences. April 21 was the formal date when Google’s Mobile-Friendly Algorithm kicked in. Since then Moovweb has tracked “1,000 important e-commerce keywords in a […]
- The Mobile Opportunity for Local and Multi-Location Businesses- August 11 Webcast
Stop struggling with desktop optimization—the real action now and in future is in mobile.
- AdWords Drag-And-Drop Report Editor Officially Rolling Out
Make pivot tables and charts on the fly. Full rollout is expected to take months.
- 35 Ways To Make Your Site Search Friendly Before You Hire An SEO
Columnist Stoney deGeyter reviews some of the elements of website design and development that make it easier to perform search engine optimization later on.
- Google Panda 4.2 FAQs: We Interviewed Google On The Latest Panda Update
There are many questions about the latest Google Panda update, Panda 4.2. Here are some answers for you from our talk with Google.
- The Minimum Quality Score That Can Save You Money In AdWords
How does your Quality Score affect your cost per click in AdWords? To find out, columnist Frederick Vallaeys explores the relationship between Quality Score and first page bid estimates.
- Bing Ads iOS App Gets An Update, Goes Global & Android App Is On The Way
Latest iOS app is now available globally with more features. Team is looking for Android app pilot testers.
- Google Business Views To Change To Street View Trusted
Google will be dropping many of the street view panoramas (photo spheres) in the upcoming weeks but promises other ways to discover these images.
- Confirmed: Google’s New Search Analytics Search Console API Now Available
As expected, Google has officially launched the Search Console Search Analytics API. You can now get your keyword data through this new API.
- When Was The First Traffic Light Installed? Google Logo Marks Electric Traffic Signal’s 101st Anniversary
Now that it’s in the car business, Google is celebrating the first electric light installed in Cleveland, Ohio, with a Doodle designed by Nate Swinehart.
- Microsoft Makes It Harder To Break Up With Bing In Windows 10, Critics Cry Foul
Windows 10 (so far) is a hit for Microsoft. It has been well reviewed, it’s free, and it already has millions of downloads. It also makes IE successor Edge the browser default and makes it harder to switch away from Bing as your default search engine. There are roughly 1.5 billion Windows PC users around […]
- Google To Launch New Search Console API As Early As Tomorrow
Google is expected to announce a new API for the Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) tomorrow morning.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- YouTube Eliminates 301+ Standard To Check For Spam – Now Counts Video Views In Real-Time
- Facebook Gives Pages The Ability To Respond To Comments Privately
- Mobile Marketing Platform Leanplum Lands $11.6M Series B Funding
- Twitter Introduces Bulk Editing Tool For Managing Ad Campaigns
- Yahoo Ad Network Targeted In Malvertising Attack Seeking Flash Vulnerability
- How To Win The Hearts And Minds Of Emerging Technology’s Ruling Class: The Early Adopters
- Walmart Positioned To Drive Omni-Channel Marketing In Global Retailing
- Facebook Dumps Plan To Cut Off Device-Level Data After Advertiser Revolt
- Hootsuite Is Rolling Out New Instagram Integration, Including Scheduling Workaround
Search News From Around The Web:
- Yelp’s Consumer Protection Initiative: ProPublica Partnership Brings Medical Info to Yelp, Yelp Official Blog
- Zillow beats expectations with $171M revenue in Q2 as Trulia acquisition starts to pay off, GeekWire
Local & Maps
- Google Testing Local Pack Without Google+ Links, Search Engine Roundtable
- Link Miner: On Page Link Analyzer, Majestic Blog
- Google search ranking factors 2015 revealed in latest study, vertical-leap.uk
- Google Tip: Don’t NoIndex Your Site When You Are On Vacation, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Fixing Any Google Penalty , quicksprout.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 7 Questions You Should Ask When Creating PPC Reports, PPC Hero
- An easier way to create Display campaigns, Inside AdWords
- The Differences Between Text Ads, PLAs & Display Ads, digitalthirdcoast.net
- How to Move Your Site to SSL, Search Engine People
The post SearchCap: Google Search Analytics API, Bing Ads App, AdWords Report Editor & Panda appeared first on Search Engine Land.