Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Search Ascending: The New Brand Strategy
Advertisers have long used paid search as a direct response tool to reach consumers who are ready to make a purchase, but columnist John Cosley asserts that it’s coming into its own as a branding tool as well.
- The Evolution Of SEO Trends Over 25 Years
Columnist Thomas Stern invites you to take a trip through the history of search engine optimization as we know it, as well as a brief glimpse into the future.
- Megalytic Launches Google AdWords Integration For Customizable, Automated Reporting
Platform adds AdWords to Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools reporting capabilities.
- From oDesk To Upwork: How To Migrate A Domain And Not Kill Your SEO
Columnist Andrew Shotland presents a case study in how to rebrand and switch domains while preserving (and even improving) your search engine optimization.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- XpressBuy Brings Shoppable Ads To Mobile DSP PocketMath
- Facebook Unveils Vision For Immersive Mobile Ads
- 5 Signs You Should Settle Down With A Content Marketing Agency
- Wanting To Maximize The Conference Experience, This CMO & His Partners Created Bizzabo
- Report: 87% of Facebook Customer Messages Are Ignored
- 5 Reasons Why Display Advertising Will Never Die
- Direct Response Video Advertising: Best Practices For Social Media
- Centro DSP Adds Video Inventory And Mobile Audience Data Integrations
- Is Facebook Rewarding Fast Responses By Admins?
- Study: Top Performing Email Campaigns Generate 1 Forward For Every 21 Emails Opened
- Amazon Echo Now Available To All, Shipping Starts July 14
- YP To Spinoff Print Yellow Pages Business, Stay Focused On Digital
Search News From Around The Web:
- A power plant for the Internet: our newest data center in Alabama, Official Google Blog
- Google Among Top Lobbyists Of Senior EC Officials, TechCrunch
- Google’s Sergey Brin and Anne Wojcicki divorced, Business Insider
Local & Maps
- Apple adds Maps Flyover support for 7 cities in Spain, Germany, UK and Puerto Rico, iphone.appleinsider.com
- Apple now labeling map data collection vehicles in the US, UK, appleinsider.com
- Say “Mabuhay!” to Yelp in the Philippines!, Yelp Official Blog
- Vertical Street View of the world’s most iconic rock wall: Yosemite’s El Capitan, Google LatLong
- 3 Reasons Your Link Building Campaign Didn’t Build Links, EverSpark Blog
- Search Challenge (6/24/15): A couple of fishy questions…, SearchReSearch
- Mobile-Friendly Sites Dominate the Top Positions in Google Search Results, moovweb.com
- 5 Circles of Hell You Need To Pass Before I Call You A True SEO Copywriter, Ahrefs Blog
- Flash Game Sites Don’t Often Provide Unique Value In Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Two Recent Admissions Of Google Search Bugs, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Applying RLSA Across Your AdWords Account, Metric Theory
- Google AdWords Advice: Check Click-Assisted & Last Click Conversion Metrics Before Pausing Keywords, Search Engine Roundtable
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Still Care About Google+, State of Digital
- Facebook author tags & Yoast SEO, Yoast
The post SearchCap: SEO Evolution, Megalytics & SEO Migration appeared first on Search Engine Land.