Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Wywy Lets Advertisers Sync Search Bidding With Television Campaigns
eHealth.com is first to boost Google AdWords bids in the minutes after commercials air.
- Google Now Indexing 466% More Tweets, Still Favoring Higher Authority Users [Study]
Google is now indexing nearly 5x the Tweets as four months ago, yet more than 96% of Tweets still go unindexed.
- The Growth Of Mobile: Do We Need Some Perspective?
Mobile has grown significantly in recent years, with Google now saying that mobile search has surpassed desktop search. But columnist Kristine Schachinger questions the wisdom of blindly adopting a “mobile first” mindset.
- Consumer Group Petitions FTC To Bring Europe’s Right-To-Be-Forgotten To US
Consumer Watchdog argues values behind RTBF are already part of US law.
- Cross-Account Negative Keywords & Other MCC Tricks
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys discusses some recent improvements made to AdWords My Client Center (MCC) interface and provides a script that allows users to create a cross-account negative keyword list.
- Google: It’s Unnatural To Even Ask For Links To Your Site
The line between what is a natural link versus an unnatural link according to Google seems to keep getting pushed more.
- Google Promotes Voice Search With Suggested Searches In Mobile App
Google is now promoting and encouraging mobile users to search using their voice. Promotions for this were found in the Android home bar and Google Search App.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Celtra Releases New Video Ad Formats To Transform TV Ads For Mobile Viewing
- Pinterest Launches First Third-Party Integrations With Polyvore & IFTTT
- Dynatrace Launches “Customer Experience Cockpit” To Measure Digital Performance & User Satisfaction
- Facebook Dumps “Likes” In New CPC Calculation To Focus On Performance Outcomes
- Twitter Introduces Video App Ads, Bidding Based On Actions & Installs
- Carnegie Mellon Study Finds Gender Discrimination In Ads Shown On Google
- 12 Ways To Mine Your Own Mind For Content Ideas
- Searching For The Holy Grail Of Marketing? You Can Stop At The Universal Customer Profile
- Email Best Practice Pros: Pinterest Pins Engagement On Email
- Amazon Says Its Prime Day Will Eclipse Black Friday
Search News From Around The Web:
- Confusion From Competitive Keyword Advertising? Fuhgeddaboudit, Eric Goldman
- Friends Newsletter #61, DuckDuckGo Blog
Local & Maps
- Google Upgrades Mobile Browser Display to Allow Reviews, Mike Blumenthal
- The Trekker Loan Program turns two!, Google LatLong
- Link Building Tips, blog.majestic.com
- Bing Suggesting Additional Searches With Drop Down When Scrolling Up, The SEM Post
- Google’s GoogleWebLight.com: Creating Light Weight Web Sites, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Challenge (7/8/15): Data for the Greek referendum?, SearchReSearch
- 5 Steps to Get Your Website Crawled Faster, SEMrush Blog
- How Do You Get New Pages Indexed or Your Site Re-Crawled?, Builtvisible
- Is Google’s Relationship With The Webmaster Community Becoming Fractured?, The SEM Post
- Maximize The SEO Value Of Your YouTube Videos, business2community.com
- Still Want Emojis in the Google Search Results? Use Google+, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- The Mystery of PPC, CTR and Quality Score, SEMrush Blog
- How to Use SEMrush for Competitive Keyword Research, Distilled
- Paid search Best Practices right in your inbox, Inside AdWords
- Why The Case Study Needs to Die When Selling PPC, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Google On Links, RTBF In US & Tweets Indexing appeared first on Search Engine Land.