Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- From SEO To SXO: Search Experience Optimization
When it comes to search engine optimization, columnist Mark Munroe suggests you need to think beyond your website.
- Search In Pics: Google Waffles, Android Statue Maintenance & Google At Special Olympics
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the Web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- The 16 Secrets Of Guerrilla Local SEO
Some people get so focused on rankings that they forget what great SEO is all about: marketing. Through applying the principles of guerrilla marketing, columnist Marcus Miller shows how great marketing makes for great local SEO.
- Google Updates The “Local Pack” Showing 3 Results Instead Of 7
Google’s local pack now has fewer businesses listed. The 7-pack is now the 3-pack.
- War And Peace: Bloomberg’s Massive History Of Google’s EU Antitrust Case
If you want a history of Google’s search battles with European antitrust regulators, a new article from Brad Stone (and colleagues) at Bloomberg will more than satisfy you. While there’s very little truly new information, the well-researched (and lengthy) piece is nearly comprehensive and captures all the intrigue, as well as the evolving nature of the dispute. The article is provocatively […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- In Hefty’s #SaidNoSchoolEver Campaign, Teachers Sarcastically Proclaim They Have All The Supplies They Need
- YouTube Ads Won’t Be Sold Through AdX Next Year, Google Says
- Report: iPhone Drives Less Than A Third Of Android Traffic, Nearly 75 Percent Of Revenue
- Everything PPC Advertisers Want To Know About LinkedIn Ads – Part 2
- Building The Business Case For Attribution
- Facebook Defends Its 3-Second Video View Standard
- HubSpot Reports $42.9M In Revenue For Q2 2015 – Up 58% YoY
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Local SEO is Going Mobile: Start Here, SEMrush Blog
- Infinite Scroll & SEO: Do They Mix?, BruceClay.com
- Google Says 404s Don’t Lead To Penalties, Period, Search Engine Roundtable
- Panda 4.2 Complicates SEO for Ecommerce Sites | Practical Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- Why Effective, Modern SEO Requires Technical, Creative, and Strategic Thinking – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
SEM / Paid Search
- A Chemist’s Introduction to PPC & Digital Marketing, White.net
- Are Brand Keyword Costs Rising in Google AdWords? Experts Speak Out, thesempost.com
- How to Improve Your Google AdWords Quality Score, digitalthirdcoast.net
- The most expensive keywords in paid search, by cost per click and spend, Internet Retailer
- Video: Google Search Analytics API, 3 Local Pack, AdWords App & Bing Fake Pharmacy Warning, Search Engine Roundtable
The post SearchCap: Google Local Results, Google EU Antitrust Cost & Local SEO appeared first on Search Engine Land.